#32: My first production and the question of improvement during the recent one.

About roles in this new production

    With the extremely limited number of crews (two precisely), I was in charge of multiple production roles: scriptwriter, storyboarder, director and actress.

Did I improve?

Prologue: Take a little step back in time, my first media product was actually "born" in 2016. I was forced into a school contest then, where participants would make an MV for a song they performed. 
    The product is, by no means, 'perfect', judging from all aspects possible. It was so silly, cause I sang like a "strangled cat", while my mom just made all the weird noise in the background, doing her cooking - so all my friends had a good laugh about it, they tease me about that for a quite long time.  
    In
deed, how that 'awful thing' managed to win such a high prize (or at least won a prize) still remains one of the greatest hidden mysteries for me - which I assume to be a "privilege" for the cutey-power me and my sister have as kids ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ or the lack of participants in the contest :)
. 
Back to the topic
     Taking that first one as a baseline, as it is still the one and only media product I ever did before, there is, unquestionably, a significant improvement. 
    That I might say, can be influenced by the age gap, cause it is a long time back then - when I, as an only 9 years old girl, did not really have that concept of a 'professional media product' nor set up any detailed plan for one. I only did it for fun. 
    At the same time, however, I think it is hard to ignore my progress
. Since I was never much involved in "media"  of any kind and it does take a lot of work and research, starting from nothing. There is also a self-assessment of what went wrong in that first one, for me to kind of figure out things I should work on. Then as mentioned in the previous blog post, I was an introvert! but taking up the position of a director, I have to force myself to be a 'commander' to ensure everything follows the way we planned, strictly to the timeline, which basically means having to order people around. It was a massive evolvement of my leadership skill honestly...
    Those experiences and knowledge, more or less, I think all contribute to a positive impact on my production skills.

Comments

Popular Posts